Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Battlestar Galactica- Book 128


Last month a good friend of mine posted a photo on facebook of a journal she really loved, but was out of her price range.  The book had two-toned leather covers and clipped corners, and was modeled after an item from Battlestar Galactica.

Now, I don't know anything about Battlestar Galactica, but I do know something about bookbinding.  I realized that I could make a book that shape using bookcloth instead of leather (since I don't usually use leather.)

So she placed a custom order, and I created a book roughly 5x7 and just over an inch thick with trimmed corners.  It was a fun little challenge, and something very different from what I usually do.  I sent it off in the mail to her last week, and hopefully she likes it!

No comments: