Sunday, August 11, 2013

Paradise Fibers Yarn Club: July

Last month I signed up for a year long yarn club through the yarn store Paradise Fibers.  Joining the yarn club means that every month Paradise Fibers will send me a mystery package with pretty new yarn and a knitting pattern.  As part of the deal, if I finish the project within a month and post it on Ravelry then I get $10 in store credit!

The first month of the club included a skein of Monarch by Mountain Colors in the color Harmony Aspen, and a pattern for a faux cabled mobius cowl.  I was SO excited to get the box in the mail and get started.  To make things even better, the yarn happened to be in my favorite colors.

It took me about 3 weeks to finish the project.  I had a lot of other things going on last month, so my knitting time was fairly limited.  The box for August should be arriving sometime this week!  I'll be sure to post about next month's project once it gets here.

2 comments:

The Honest Badger said...

It's pretty! I joined a similar club but for craft projects. They never sent enough supplies to make a great project and the projects included in the box were really lame. I made nothing and gave four months of them away. I hope you have a better time than I do!

minimeg said...

So far the club has been great! I just got my third month's box and all the yarns have been great. I also discovered you can make anything you want with the yarn and still get the store credit, the projects are just suggestions.