Monday, July 29, 2013

Books 184-186

On my day off this week I played around with a couple little structures that I had never done before.  I used some of the pre-folded signatures I put together from the recycled longstitch books, and the heavy blue cardstock I used for all my Astronomy books.  The first book uses a modified pamphlet stitch that is essentially the stem stitch from embroidery.  It is designed for a single signature, so I did 3 signatures in a row for a thicker book.

The next two books have 4 signatures sewn together, then the whole text block gets sewn to the cover with three horizonal stitches.  It is really simple and has a lot of possibilities for more elaborate covers.  I decorated all three of the books with scraps of marbled paper attached to the front cover.

No comments: