This week I tried out a new variation on recycled book structures. It involves gluing patterned card stock to the back of recycled boxes and connecting the covers using book cloth. The pages are sewn in using a pamphlet stitch with four holes instead of three.
This is the kind of project that is easier to do "in bulk" as opposed to one at a time. I made 7 of these over the course of a week. All fourteen covers on one night, the book cloth a couple days layer, and preparing and attaching the pages on Saturday while waiting for software to install on all our computers at work.
At this point I am just over halfway to where I should be on my 365 challenge. (March 4th is day 63 of the year, I'm only 27 behind...) The good news is, I have been hired to do a big book binding commission! I am making 11 or 12 books that will be presented as awards later I'm the month. I've already started the books, keep an eye out for updates!