This week my Monday Project was making journals using my stash of decorative papers. This was actually a Sunday and Monday project. I made the covers on Sunday, let them dry overnight, and prepared the pages on Monday. I actually made three books today, but the third book had no pages attached when I took the pictures. I couldn't let the fabulous evening sunlight go to waste!
Both books are made using decorative papers from Hollanders in Ann Arbor, Michigan for the covers, and Utrecht American Masters 100% Cotton for the pages. The paper covering the fold of each signature is paper that I made by hand last summer at the Morgan Conservatory in Cleveland. I also attached ribbons to the front and back covers so the books can be tied closed. The binding is a basic Coptic stitch sewn with waxed linen thread.
I am gearing up for the summer craft fair season and kicking my book production up a notch. This year I hope to do several craft shows with strictly books. I also need to rotate out what I have in stores around the Cleveland area. Right now you can see my books at the Urban Orchid near the West Side Market in Cleveland.