Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Books 008-009


Over the weekend I spent a lot of time working on books.  These two are books I started last year, but never quite finished...

Book 008 is an accordion spine book with signatures of pages attached with pamphlet stitch.  I painted the blue cardstock with a design to match the cover paper before folding my accordion.  The book is held shut with a strap made from a repurposed belt.  I sewed an orange ribbon to the belt to make it coordinate better with the book.

Book 009 is a blank journal made with a basic coptic stitch.  I made the covers back in December when I was getting ready for holiday shows, and never got around to putting pages in.  The covers have an antique car pattern on the outside, and a paper with reproduction vintage ephemera on the inside.

I glued a couple more sets of covers that are drying right now under weights.  More about those later.

No comments: