pattern by Sarah London. The pattern is being used for a crochet-a-long on Sarah's Blog as well as spawning a flickr pool and a group on Ravelry. I have been really great about crocheting every week and being consistent on such a large project... The weekly updates? Not so much. My first update was after 7 color rounds. More than a month later, this update is at 14 color rounds.
Sunday, March 25, 2012
Monday, March 19, 2012
Hollanders in Ann Arbor, Michigan for the covers, and Utrecht American Masters 100% Cotton for the pages. The paper covering the fold of each signature is paper that I made by hand last summer at the Morgan Conservatory in Cleveland. I also attached ribbons to the front and back covers so the books can be tied closed. The binding is a basic Coptic stitch sewn with waxed linen thread.
Urban Orchid near the West Side Market in Cleveland.
Saturday, March 10, 2012
Small Studio. I had heard wonderful things about the store, and they were all true! I ended up picking up some beautiful decorative papers and some waxed linen thread in fun colors. One of the papers I bought was a bright green sheet with pink branches and birds printed on it. I arrived home and immediately started planning a book using that paper. I pulled out some pages of white cotton paper I already had cut (well, torn with a ruler) to the correct size. It is along the lines of a Stonehenge or Arches paper that I have leftover from a printing class I took. As I was looking through my papers I also had green tissue paper I saved from a package, and various shades of pink paper I made over the summer during my internship.